Awards & Recognitions
This certification was awarded to our Animal Hotel. Not only will this certificate go a long way in enhancing the Animal Hotel's staff skills and competency, it will also ensure the overall environmental conservation, cost saving efforts and contribution to the continuous improvement of services and facilities.
Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn. Bhd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines specializing in air cargo transportation worldwide, including carriage of live animals. MASkargo Animal Hotel is located at Malaysia Airlines Cargo Complex, Advanced Cargo Centre, Free Commercial Zone, KLIA, Sepang.
In order to provide excellent service to our customers and take good care of the environment, MASkargo shall:
- Consistently meet or exceed Malaysian environmental laws, regulations and other requirements.
- Provide comfortable/appropriate/safe accommodation for live animals.
- Maintain clean and hygienic environment for the comfort of live animals under our care.
- Handling of live animals with extra care in line with animal rights and welfare practices.
- Conduct resource conservation and waste management.
- Strive for continual improvements and commitment for prevention of pollution of our environment by adopting ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
We shall ensure the system is consistently implemented by providing appropriate training and education to all Animal Hotel staff.
Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn. Bhd. will make available to the employees, customers, suppliers and the public relevant information to enable them to understand and share our environmentally-conscious commitment.
Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn Bhd was awarded ISO 9001:2000 certification from SIRIM QA International Sdn Bhd (SIRIM QAS) for its cargo operations in KLIA and Penang. This certificate has enhanced MASkargo’s position among Asia’s top world-class, reputable and reliable air cargo partner.
MASkargo is committed to providing excellent service in air cargo transportation by focusing on reliability, consistency and innovation aimed at ensuring the highest quality of service to our valued customers.
To achieve our Quality Policy, MASkargo shall comply with the following:
- To implement and maintain an effective quality management system in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2000
- To improve our capabilities through continuous improvements through training and the use of technology
- To develop and implement operating procedures with our vendors to meet the high quality standards required of the MASkargo Management
- In total compliance with all regulatory requirements
- To continuously review and improve our service level in order to meet and exceed customer expectations
The MASkargo management is committed to ensure that this policy is communicated and understood by all staff throughout the company. The policy shall be reviewed and continually improved upon to ensure its suitability and effectiveness.
On 5 November 2004, Malaysia Airlines Cargo Sdn Bhd (MASkargo) was awarded the OHSAS 18001 by SIRIM QAS International Sdn Bhd (SIRIM QAS) for successfully implementing a safety and health management system – to reduce or minimise employee’s work related injuries and illnesses, to meet its legal obligations under Malaysian Law and to enhance its corporate image as a responsible employer and a caring corporate citizen.
MASkargo OSH Objectives and Policy
MASkargo has set up the overall objective to achieve zero injuries for the period of 01/9/04 to 30/6/05, including the following objectives which was established to support the above :
- towards achieving full legal compliance by 30/6/05
- to ensure significant risks are reduced to lower ratings (1-3) by 30/6/05.
- to encourage reporting of every suggestions, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions through ICIX (I See I Act) reporting system by 30/6/05.
- to boost the awareness among the employee by OSH promotional activities for the period of September 2004 to June 2005.