Exporting live animals out of Malaysia.
- Make your booking with MASkargo Reservation Department by calling 03-87771655/54
- Prepare all the necessary documents
- Bring your pets to the Animal Hotel at least 4 hours prior to flight departure time.
- Health certificate
An original certificate, issued by a private or government Veterinarian, stating that 'the pet is healthy and free from any contagious or infectious disease at the time of inspection' is required for all pet/s entering/leaving Malaysia.
Please note that certification is only valid for 7 days.
- Export permit
Obtainable from Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan, Malaysia.
- Import permit
Obtainable from country of destination. Shippers must produce fax copy of the Import Permit.
- Rabies Vaccination Certification (If required)
- Microchip Number
Some countries require microchip to be implanted on live animals before importation is possible eg. Hong Kong
- Terminal charges (RM0.25/KG) on chargeable weight.
- Animal Hotel Charges based on type and category of animals (as attached)
- Accommodation charges RM150 per day (more than 8 hours stay in Animal Hotel)
If using Animal Hotel airway bill, to include following charges
- Freight charge based on volume or actual weight, whichever higher
- AWB charges RM5.00
- Fuel surcharge
- Security surcharge
- Cage must be suitable for the animal. For example, animals must have enough space to turn about, stand, and sit erect, and lie down in a natural position.
- Water container must be present within the container with outside access for refilling.
- Food containers must be present either within the container, if sealed or attached to it, in case of any flight delay.
Cut off time
Four (4) hours prior to flight departure.
* Please refer to our Officers for any changes in quarantine requirements by the importing countries.
|Equines||Horses, mules||MYR300 per animal|
|Domestic animals||Cattle, sheep, goats, pigs||MYR300 per pallet
MYR100 per crate
|Feathered animals||Day old chicks, day old ducklings, day old goosling, live birds||<100kg MYR50
|Crustacean / molluse / seafood||Live crabs, seafood mix with consignment of live crabs||<100kg MYR30
|Domestic pets||Cats, dogs, hamsters, rodents, parrots, squirrels||MYR30 per kennel|
|Reptiles / insects||Snakes, turtles, lizards, bees, worms||<100kg MYR50
|Zoological animals||Tigers, giraffes, lions, monkeys||<300kg MYR50
|Accomodation charges (applicable for import and export from ATA and cargo acceptance time)||First 8 hrs of ATA or STD - Free
After 8 hrs of ATA or STD - RM150 per day/shipment
|Cleaning of horse stall||RM400 per stall|
|Cleaning and disposal of crate for Domestic animals||Per pallet RM300
Per crate RM50
Embargo Snub Nosed Dog
- Maskargo will not accept certain breeds of dogs including snub nosed, as these animals, variable, are susceptible to increased risk of heat stroke breathing difficulties or increased travel stress. MASkargo has identified the following such breeds:
EMBARGO CARRIAGE OF SNUB NOSED DOG ON MALAYSIA AIRLINES (MH) Affenpinscher Dogue de Bordeaux Bulldog (All Breeds) English Toy Spaniel Boston Terrier Japanese Chin Boxer (All Breeds) Lhasa Apso Brussels Griffon Pekingnese Mastiff (All Breeds) Pit Bull Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Presa Canario Chihuahua Pug (All Breeds) Cane Corso Shih Tzu Chow Chow
- Breed banned from importation into Malaysia by Quarantine & Inspection Services (MAQIS):
BREEDS BANNED FROM IMPORTATION INTO MALAYSIA BY MALAYSIA QUARANTINE & INSPECTION SERVICES (MAQIS) Akita Japanese Tosa American Bulldog Neapolitan Mastiff Dogo Argentino Pit Bull Terrier / Pit Bull (also known as American Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshine Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier) Fila Braziliero