Importing live animals into Malaysia.
- Obtain Import Permit from Malaysian Department of Veterinary Services (Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan) and fax it to origin before departure.
- Make booking with MASkargo
- Must agree to accept shipment before booking can be confirmed. (MASkargo Animal Hotel will contact consignee)
- Consignee can engage an agent or do their own clearance. Eg. Custom clearance and quarantine clearance
- Consignee or its agent must produce the original Import Permit for clearance.
- Health Certificate
An original certificate, issued by a private or government Veterinarian, stating that 'the pet is healthy and free from any contagious or infectious disease at the time of inspection' is required for all pet/s entering/leaving Malaysia. Please note that certification is only valid for 7 days.
- Import permit
Obtained from Malaysian Department of Veterinary Services, and faxed over to country of origin.
- Export Permit
Obtained from country of origin.
- Terminal charges RM0.25/Kg based on chargeable weight
- Animal Hotel charges based on category of animals and weight (as attached)
- Accommodation charges RM150.00 per day if animals are not cleared after 8 hours actual time of arrival of flight.
- List of Banned Breed Dogs
- Pit Bull aka Pit Bull Terrier Ame.Pit Bull, Ame.Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Ame. Bull Dog
- Dogo Argentino
- Filo Braziliero
- Japanese Tosa
- Bull Mastiff
- Bull Terrier
- German Shepard/Alsation
- Canary Dog
The Department of Veterinary Services, KLIA Animal Quarantine Stations request that clients book their animals on flights arriving in KLIA between the hours of 8:00am and 17:00pm. It is a very suitable time for the KLIA Animal Quarantine to facilitate the boarding and physical examination of the animals during day time. Please take note, due to recent mortality case of a dog in our custody that arrived after midnight, our Chief Senior Assistant Director, Biosecurity and SPS Management Division, Dr. Norlizan b. Md. Noor have granted the approval of KLIA Animal Quarantine operational hours, between 8:00am and 17:00pm. This new rule and regulation takes effect starting on 1st July 2012.
Unfortunately, the government veterinarian could not assist in the post mortem of transit animal at the Animal Hotel. However, these are the list of private veterinary hospitals/clinics that can be contacted:
- Animal Medical Centre +60340426742
- En.Ghazali, Pathology Unit,Uni.Vet Hospital,UPM +60389463490
- Segar Vet Services, Cheras +60391334192
- Ee Vet Clinic, Seremban +6067617211
- St.Angel Puchong +60358911884 or +60389456884
Any animal inbound to Malaysia, the animals must have an Import Permit and Health Certificate endorsed by a Government Veterinarian. We have been receiving many cases lately where animals entering Malaysia without import permit and health certificate endorsed by Government certificate, particularly from Europe (Norway and Belgium). This is to notify the public that Malaysia cannot accept PET Passport yet.
For further information on the quarantine requirements and procedures of animals/livestocks as well as the affected countries, please contact the Malaysian Department of Veterinary Services at www.dvs.gov.my