MASkargo Employees Rewarded With 70’s Themed Dinner
PUTRAJAYA, 26 APRIL 2013 – MASkargo honored the accomplishments of its employees for their outstanding contributions and performances for 2012 at the Employee of The Year Awards. And for the first time invitations were extended to the deserving winners of MH Anugerah recipients of MASkargo.
The MH Anugerah is a company-wide award introduced by the Group CEO of Malaysia Airlines. It is a prestigious recognition for those who have invested their extra effort in order to excel in their job roles.
First time winner, Muhammad Ishak bin Muhammad Hanafiah, Senior Officer at Operations Import bagged two prestigious awards - Employee of The Year 2012 and the Employee of The Month for December 2012.
"After 20 years of service in MASkargo, I feel honored to share this moment with my family, team members and the management,” said Muhammad Ishak, who was overwhelmed upon receiving the award.
He credits his colleagues, stating that, “I work with a great group of professionals where they contribute innovative ideas and bold thinking in helping the company to move forward.”
Nominated by a colleague from a different department, who works with Muhammad Ishak on specific projects, he was cited as being “an inspiration among his peers”. His work commitment were met with some tough challenges, despite that he continued to provide high quality, valued services to MASkargo.
Speaking at the awards ceremony, Mohd Yunus Idris, Chief Executive Officer of MASkargo said: “Congratulations to all the award winners! I firmly believe that having talent at all levels – which are naturally linked to innovation, business ethics, commitment and continuous learning – will enable us to meet our obligations as a premier cargo carrier.”
He added, “It is well known that experienced and committed workers can contribute significantly to the companies’ productivity and profitability. Therefore, tonight we are celebrating our staff who possess these qualities which reflect a positive growth for the company.”
The Employee of The Year is an annual event and celebrated to appreciate the Operations staff who were screened and selected by the committee based on their outstanding performances and achievements of the Key Performance Index (KPI) set up by the management. It is also a channel to motivate staff to work harder and improve their skills set.
Besides receiving a plaque and cash prize, Muhammad Ishak was also rewarded with a 3D2N holiday at any Malaysia Airlines destinations in ASEAN. The full list of the 2012 monthly winners are as follows:
- January : Norhaini Mohd Yusof, Officer at Commercial Support
- February : Harjit Singh a/l Nand Singh, Officer at Operations Export
- March : Rosli Baharom, Officer at Central Processing Office
- April : Mohd Fauzi Hamdan, Officer at Operations Import
- May : Azwan Azmi, Senior Officer at Ramp Outbound
- June : Md Nizam Samat, Officer at Operations Maintenance
- July : Irwan Ngaderan, Senior Officer at Commercial Support
- August : Husni Abd Karim, Officer at Operations Export
- September : Hamzah Saidin, Officer at Operations Import
- October : Salleh bin Kassim, Senior Officer at Transshipment
- November : Abd Latif bin Kamis, Senior Officer at Central Processing Office
- December : Muhammad Ishak bin Muhammad Hanafiah, Senior Officer at Operations Import